ff Carmen's May Beauty Favourites - basique mode

Carmen's May Beauty Favourites

Can you believe we're already half way through the year?! It seems like each month is getting shorter and shorter. Here are a few be...


Can you believe we're already half way through the year?! It seems like each month is getting shorter and shorter. Here are a few beauty favourites I've been loving this month!





REVLON - EYE CONTOUR BRUSH

It was only this month that I started to get into eyeshadow. I'm normally just a eyeliner + mascara type of gal but this month I bought a small neutral palette and this brush has definitely helped me apply the eyeshadows. This brush has super soft bristles that taper to a point which is great for crease work. It makes blending so much easier! A plus would also be the mini size; perfect for travelling!



 L'OREAL TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION (R2-C2)

This foundation is constantly raved about in the beauty community and I don't blame them! This foundation has a thin texture but still provides great coverage! It doesn't feel heavy on my face, whilst also protecting it from the sun with an SPF of 17. I also love that it comes with a pump which makes the product easy access and hygienic.


 


NATIO - NATURAL VITAMIN E MOISTURISING CREAM


I've been on the hunt for a thicker moisturiser to use as my night cream and decided to pick this one up. Although in the tub, it looks like a really thick cream, when rubbed into the skin, it actually feels quite light! It has a slight fragrance, which may bother some, but I found the scent soothing, weirdly enough! It has a slight watery texture when rubbed into the skin and makes my skin feel really plump by the morning.






MARIO BADESCU - GLYCOLIC ACID TONER

After using up the witch hazel toner from my last favourites, I picked this one up as I've heard some good reviews on it. I was first scared of the 'acid' part in the title and the blue tint, but to my surprise, it is amazing! It leaves my skin squeaky clean after I cleanse it and will remove any excess dirt and oil buildup. Toner is now such a vital part in my skincare regime that I can't go a day without it!









SUKIN - ROSE HIP OIL


Facial oils are all the hype right now; whether it be argan oil, jojoba oil or rose hip oil. If you have oily skin, like myself, do not be afraid to try facial oils! I was first repulsed by patting an oil onto my face but it is a great natural source for vitamins and antioxidants. It really helps with redness and moisturising the skin. You'll find that most rose hip oils are this bright orange tint! This means that all the vitamins and antioxidants are still intact and is not over processed. This small bottle will last me a really long time as you only need 2 drops for each use. It always makes my skin feel super plump and moisturised by the morning.




CARMEX - LIP BALM

As the days are getting colder here in Australia, my lips are super dry and chapped. This lip balm is one of the best out there. It will heal any dry flakes whilst providing a slight tingling, minty sensation. If my lips are completely dry and cracked, I'll heavily apply this at night and by morning, they'll be super moisturised and flake-free.




NEUTROGENA - FACE SUNCREEN


An absolute must in my morning routine is sunscreen! I was previously using a regular sunscreen on my face but decided to switch to a face sunscreen. This one is quite watery which absorbs really quickly and doesn't feel heavy at all whilst protecting with a high SPF 50. Although the bottles says 'matte look', I found that it is really glowy. However, I don't mind it at all as it creates that 'glow from within' under foundation.

So these are my May beauty faves! May and I finished our end of semester exams this week so look forward to more posts!

Love,
Carmen x



You Might Also Like

0 comments