ff Carmen's August Favourites - basique mode

Carmen's August Favourites

It's crazy that August is already over! With July and August both being extremely hectic months at school, here are a few of the thin...

It's crazy that August is already over! With July and August both being extremely hectic months at school, here are a few of the things that I've been particularly loving!


Crabtree & Evelyn Pomegranate, Argan & Grapeseed hand therapy
I'm a sucker for buying fruity-scented products and so this hand cream definitely hits the spot. After finishing my previous hand cream, which was the Spicy Ginger, also from Crabtree & Evelyn (which I didn't particularly enjoy), I had a sniff of this one and it was incredible. It is definitely a sweet and fruity scent that is slightly reminiscent of a Victoria Secret body spray. Apart from the divine smell, the texture is thick enough to moisturise my hands but not too thick where it just sits on top of the skin. If you're looking for an awesome hand cream, check out this one!


Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Earlier in July, I unfortunately had an allergic reaction resulting in a pretty severe rash all over my face. As it started to get worse and worse, my mum recommended me to use this ointment. And let me tell you, it was a miracle worker! I applied this quite generously twice a day and the day after I first applied it, the redness diminished dramatically. It helped soothe and moisturise my dry and flaky rash patches. It has a similar texture to Vaseline and has a glossy finish when applied so I recommend using this at night! Definitely a cult Australian product. Side note; it also works great as a heavy lip balm!

Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection
I've been searching for a darker brown toned nude for a while now and I happened to come across this lip pencil at Priceline for half price! There's no way I could say no to that. Firstly, it has a really sweet and pleasant smell, which surprised me. It's super creamy in texture and surprisingly does not dry out my lips! Lip pencils usually dry my lips really quickly despite wearing lip balm, but with this one, I don't even need to wear lip balm! It is definitely that "MLBB"/Kylie Jenner shade and has quickly become an 'everyday' lip colour for me.

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory
Something that really makes a difference for me is concealer, particularly under my eyes as I have pretty terrible purply-blue bags. Although this concealer does not provide the fullest coverage, it is fantastic at brightening up my face. With two swipes under my eyes, it seriously makes the biggest difference! Definitely true to the 'wake me up' concept!


Ikea Berry candle
As mentioned before, I love fruity scented products so there's no going back when it comes to candles. Some of my favourites are Ecoya's Lychee and Guava and Dusk's papaya candle. However, they are a lot more pricey than this one from Ikea. They're only a few dollars and smell absolutely divine! Also acts as great pop of colour in home deco and the jar can become a small container once the candle is finished!

KeepCup glass brew/cork (medium)
I've been wanting a reusable take-away mug for travelling for a while now and happened to stumble across KeepCups whilst at a coffee expo. It's the perfect mug size and super convenient that there is a shutter at the top to prevent spillage. I much prefer this glass KeepCup rather than the plastic one as I am pouring boiling water into it to steep tea or coffee. I also love the cork texture as it has that organic 'feel' whilst still making sure my hands don't burn! Although it is slightly pricey for a take-away mug but it is definitely worth it, considering how much I use it!



Twinings English Breakfast
Bleeding on from the previous favourite, I've been drinking a lot of tea. I absolutely love black tea whether it be for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or even if I need a slight caffeine boost. I prefer to drink this with less than a teaspoonful of sugar and almond milk; definitely adds another layer of nutty flavour! It's actually quite worrying how quickly I've gone through the 100 tea bag pack of this...




So that's it, folks! We're both super apologetic for not being consistent with uploading but we've had assignments and tests so please bare with us!


Love,

Carmen xx

Find us on: instagram | lookbook | may's instagram | carmen's instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments