ff carmen's january 2015 favs - basique mode

carmen's january 2015 favs

I can't believe it's already the end up January! 1/12 of the year has already passed. Throughout January, I've been able ...


I can't believe it's already the end up January! 1/12 of the year has already passed. Throughout January, I've been able to try out a lot of beauty products that I've bought not only in Australia but also Japan, as both of us were there in December. If you haven't seen our Japan posts, you can check them out here and here!


Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

 Before heading off the Japan, I knew that this was a product I had to buy. I've heard many great things about this gel from Japanese Youtubers. With this product, you'll need to start with a cleansed and dry face. Massage the product into your skin and as you rub the gel into your skin, you'll find small balls forming. This is actually all your dead skin cells! I use this about once or twice a week (depending on how my skin is feeling). It always leaves my skin super soft and plump.

Muji - Jojoba Oil

The Muji here in Australia does provide a limited amount of skincare products. However, in Japan, I was blown away to how many more there are! I've always wanted to try jojoba oil as moisturiser as it has components that share similarities with human oil. Also, if you've seen from my instagram, you may have noticed that I bleached my hair ends at the end of the year. I've been using jojoba oil on my ends as a treatment to keep the moisture in.

Japanese Drugstore - Flat Top Stippling Brush

I've previously been using a longer bristled brush to apply my foundation. However, I found that it was hard to blend the foundation as the bristles were too long. I saw this brush in Tokyo Station for an affordable price and had to grab it. I'm not a fan of the foundation brushes as they tend to leave streaks so a stippling brush was the way to go. I love this brush as the bristles are short and super dense. This allows my foundation to blend really easily. 

Lilou - London necklace

I absolutely love dainty necklaces. When I saw this hanging, it was love at first sight. I love that it's in gold as I lean more towards gold rather than silver. Although it looks great with any outfit, it looks especially great when paired with a black or white high neckline top. I've been wearing this with nearly every outfit this month!

NYX - Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee

I've been looking for a nude lip product for a while now and found that this lip gloss was a perfect match. It is slightly nuder than my natural lip colour and is great for everyday wear. I'm not usually a fan of glosses however this one did not bother me at all! It smells like candy and applies very smoothly. I'm wearing this product in a photo here if you'd like to see what it looks like.

Lush - Mask of Magnaminty Face and Body Mask

Ever since I used up my charcoal face mask, I looked into this mask. I heard people raving about this product and I couldn't not purchase it. Since it is summer here in Australia, my face is super oily and congested. I use this mask about twice a week and it really helps to calm my skin. It smells absolutely amazing and leaves a very cooling sensation when applied.

k-styleme Structured Bag
A structured bag or purse is an absolute must in everyone's wardrobe! This was my only Christmas present that I received last year and I absolutely love it! It has a very MK Selma-esque structure which pairs great with any outfit. It turns an ordinary outfit into a dressed up and chic outfit.

January has been a super chilled month but a great way to begin the year! 


Love,
Carmen x

(all photos belong to pearanapple)

Find us on: instagram // lookbook // may's instagram // carmen's instagram         

You Might Also Like

0 comments