ff Travel Diary: Kyoto and Osaka - basique mode

Travel Diary: Kyoto and Osaka

Kyoto is Japan's old capital and still holds some of the most beautiful temples in Japan. Kyoto is also known for their green tea an...


Kyoto is Japan's old capital and still holds some of the most beautiful temples in Japan. Kyoto is also known for their green tea and geisha town. This city is extremely rich in culture and I was fortunate enough to make a short visit. 


an alleyway in gion (geisha town) 

lanterns decorating a ryokan (traditional japanese housing)  

A Kyoto sunset and the streets of Gion 

I was also fortunate enough to visit Osaka, Osaka is famous for their food and shopping and it has become one of my favourite places. Although quite similar to Tokyo it has a quaintness that reminds me of Melbourne or even Hong Kong. I was lucky enough to be there when the snow fell and that was kind of the moment i fell in love with this city!

Osaka Station  
Dotonbori: the Glico Man 

This will be the last Japan post and I feel like i'm letting go of the beautiful place Japan was and this trip will always remain special to me. The next time i visit i definitely have to go back to Osaka and visit the other islands, at the moment I'm hoping to go to Okinawa. Hopefully you enjoyed the Japan posts and a Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year to you all! 

Love, 
May xx 















You Might Also Like

0 comments