ff May's February Favorites - basique mode

May's February Favorites




February has come and gone and now we're already in March! These months have gone by extremely quickly and it both excites and terrifies me, however today i have some of my February favourites for you! 

NARS : Jungle Red 
I got this as a gift for my birthday from Carmen and another one of our friends, and i absolutely love it. The colour is very pigmented and lasts for quite a while as well. The colour gives the right amount of colour without drowning out the outfit. I find the best way to apply this lipstick was to use a brush and slowly work the layers on, for an added pop, place concealer around the lips and then apply the lipstick. 

Rimmel: Eyebrow Pencil 002 Hazel 
This was a spur of the moment purchase whilst out shopping, i needed a new eyebrow pencil and this happened to also be on sale. I definitely prefer this over my previous eyebrow pencil which was a retractable pencil, I find that this pencil gives me more precision as i can sharpen it or have it softer. The pencil slides on smoothly as isn't hard to remove with makeup remover either.  

Toni and Guy: Heat Protection Mist 
I straighten my hair a fair bit and i realized very quickly that in order to protect my hair i needed a good protection mist. I have tried a few prior to this one, but i have found this is the best one. I can see a difference between my hair when I use this product and when i don't, my hair does feel more dry when I don't. I definitely recommend this product to girls ( or guys!) that straighten their hair often. 

Muji: Oil Free Cleanser 
This is a surprisingly good product considering it is not part of a big cosmetics company, this product removes makeup very well and was quite affordable. I bought this during my stay in Japan ;along with a toner, and wasn't expecting too much, however it has pleasantly surprised me. I generally use a few small drops to completely remove my makeup, although places like eyes and eyebrows need more coaxing to remove. This product was also in the High Moisture section which is great for those with dry skin. 

Sporstgirl and gift : Rings 
I was never one to wear much jewelry but i have lately fallen in love with the simplicity of rings. Rings add a subtle elegance to an outfit, especially minimalist ones like shown above. I actually bought the serenity ring quite a while ago but i hadn't wore it often until now. Currently i'm looking for stack able rings  especially ones around the knuckle, this diagram has been a great help too


Victoria Secret: Mango Temptation 
I rarely wear scents or perfume just because they give me headaches but this body mist doesn't seem to do so. The smell is very fruity and summery, and reminds me of Thailand or Hawaii, it's nice to smell fruity and fresh especially when you're sweating in the summer. 


App: Spotify 
photo is not mine, credits to the owner/s
I listen to music ALL the time, but i find it time consuming to constantly listen or to search for songs on youtube  so when i started using Spotify it really simplified things for me. An added bonus is that you can follow people and see what they're also listening to. But, my favourite part of Spotify is that i can listen to all my favourite music whilst still contributing to the artist. Many people these days just download their music; which i do admit i have also done, but i do feel like through Spotify i can still credit the artist and contribute to their sales in some way. 


This month is turning out to be a busy one but hopefully we'll have a fashion post up for you soon! if there are any types of posts you would like us to try let us know! Make sure to follow us on instagram to see what we get up to =! 

Love,
May xox 




You Might Also Like

0 comments